The latest version of Mathematica is 8.0.1, and it includes many new features such as enhanced probability and statistics capabilities, automatic C code generation, and more that streamline the idea-to-result workflow for any technical application.
Wolfram Research is a private company that makes mathematics programs. Its main product is Mathematica, an environment for technical computing. The founder and CEO of Wolfram Research is Stephen Wolfram, scientist and author, who maintains close involvement with the development of Mathematica.
The primary software product of Wolfram Research is the program Mathematica, which has, as of November 2010, undergone an upgrade to version 8. Other products include Wolfram Workbench, gridMathematica, and webMathematica.
What Is Mathematica?
Almost any workflow involves computing results, and that's what Mathematica does�from building a hedge fund trading website or publishing interactive engineering textbooks to developing embedded image recognition algorithms or teaching calculus.
Mathematica is renowned as the world's ultimate application for computations. But it's much more�it's the only development platform fully integrating computation into complete workflows, moving you seamlessly from initial ideas all the way to deployed individual or enterprise solutions.
What's New in Mathematica 8
- Integration with Wolfram|Alpha
- Automated probability and expectation computation
- Over a hundred new statistical distributions and many statistics visualizations
- Generation of new statistical distributions directly from data, formulas, or other distributions
- Enhanced graphs and networks and linear algebra capabilities
- More than 60 exotic equity option solvers, and over 100 built-in financial indicators
- Built-in control systems capabilities
- Enhanced image analysis features
- Integrated wavelet analysis
- Built-in CUDA and OpenCL support
- Automatic C code generation
- Symbolic C code manipulation and optimization
- Enhanced 2D and 3D graphics, including texture mapping and hardware-accelerated 3D rendering
- Built-in web browser plugin
Name: Wolfram Mathematica
OS: Mac OS X
Hide Your IP & Protect Your Privacy!
Get Your 15 Day Free Trial Now.
TO MAC USERS: If RAR password doesn't work, use this archive program:
RAR Expander 0.8.5 Beta 4 and extract password protected files without error.